International School Delft Secondary – Humanities teacher: Geography / Business Management or Economics (parttime)
Start date 1 August 2022
Are you passionate about teaching and learning in an IB world school? Can you challenge and guide our students to become knowledgeable risk-takers, open-minded and reflective inquirers and caring members of society?
International School Delft Secondary is looking for a Humanities teacher, preferably with experience in teaching Geography / Business Management or Economics, to start in the next school year 2022-2023.
We are looking for a teacher whose experience, enthusiasm and passion for teaching will inspire our students. You have experience or knowledge of teaching the IB (International Baccalaureate) program, specifically the Middle Years Programme and/or the Diploma
Programme and inquiry-based learning or you are willing to develop yourself in this area.
The position is initially for 0.4 FTE, however as we are a growing school, the FTE will expand with the growth of the school
Working at International School Delft
International School Delft is a young and dynamic state-subsidised international school serving the community in the Delft/The Hague region. The Primary school was successfully established in 2014 and is conveniently located on the Technical University campus
in Delft. Following a growing demand for international secondary education, our Secondary school was launched in 2019. With this extension, International School Delft has entered a new phase in its journey to become a leading – 4 to 18 year – International
Baccalaureate world school, in the vibrant western part of the Netherlands. Located in Delft, the school has a partnership with the TU and fosters a strong commitment to design and technology in the curriculum. This focus on technology and design will be reflected
in the state-of-the-art, purpose-built school building that will be realised in the coming years.
In the school year 2022-2023, ISD secondary offers the full IB Middle Years programme. From 2024, we will add the IB Diploma programme.
We offer our staff the opportunity to shape the school into becoming one of a few IB World schools in the Netherlands to offer the full range of IB programmes. International School Delft provides its staff with excellent opportunities for professional career
development. We are committed to investing in the development of our staff through continuous schooling and training.
As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by an enthusiastic, sociable and thoroughly international team.
We welcome applications from experienced IB teachers, who are eager to be part of a new energetic and dynamic team and who will challenge and inspire our students.
Teachers at International School Delft should:
- be proven excellent classroom teachers
- have sound IT skills and a passion for embracing innovation
- have excellent inter-cultural communication skills
- have good time management and organizational skills
- be able to work in teams
- be capable of leading when necessary
- be adaptable, positive and pioneering
International School Delft values the following:
- prior experience of working in an international school
- experience in International Baccalaureate curriculum development
- a good track record in collaborative planning and working
Teachers should have
- an empathy with and a willingness to care for children
- a sense of humour
- an ability to give and receive feedback and a willingness to act upon it
- an interest in contributing new ideas
- a willingness to learn, including the Dutch language
- self-critical, committed to self-development and able to see the benefit of professional appraisal for personal growth
Teaching staff should have
- a teaching qualification that is or will be recognised by the Dutch authorities
- sound academic qualifications
- further qualifications and experience in training, coaching and presenting workshops are welcomed
- a teaching position in a growing, developing IB world school, starting 1 August 2022
- a truly international community of students, parents, teachers and other stakeholders
- Professional development opportunities
- Initially 0.4 FTE – will become more
As we are an international environment, applications for any position should always be written in English. All applicants must either be EU citizens or have a valid permit to work in The Netherlands.